Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's the little things...

Stepping out of your comfort zone can be either a terrifying experience or a window to new opportunities when it comes to food (I prefer the new opportunities but hey I won't judge). I have had one of the most delightful food experiences while in Santa Barbara and it's only been one day (I'm telling you EXPLORE and then? EXPLORE SOME MORE!).

The trip up required necessary travel food- my dad and my favorites consist of:
-Jerky
-Roasted Garlic Rye Chips (like the kind that come in trail mix but we just get an entire bag of just those so we don't have to pick through the rest, c'mon we all know that's the best part anyways)
-and some water
This really energized the trip because the World Cup Finals on ESPN Radio really didn't (Sorry, but it was terribly uneventful compared to how hyped up it was and how it was supposed to be)

One of the best stops in Santa Barbara is the pier, it's a necessity really. Try the Longboard's Grill and might I recommend a phenomenal Mac N Cheese with generous amounts of lobster chunks? Oh and if that wasn't enough it comes with their famous Cheesy Garlic Bread and a great ocean view. Then you MUST make a stop at the Candy Shop and get the Double Chocolate Truffle- it will melt in your mouth- 2 layers of creamy chocolate (milk coated in dark with smooth, milky truffle inside).

Finally, if you are a Mocha lover like myself make it a priority to visit the Northstar Coffee Co. on State St- simply put: It's a taste of chocolatey heaven. I kid you not, it's THAT good. With a hint of cinnamon balancing the chocolate keeps it from being "too sweet", it is truly the perfect balance.

That's all for now. As Tigger would say, TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment