Friday, July 16, 2010

Size matters




Went to Buca di Beppo last night with the gang. Dinner was as good as it gets for super Amercanized italian food (Margherita pizza and a spicy chicken rigatoni, both probably the best things to order on the menu if you ask me). Then our gazes fell upon a monstrous looking ice cream sundae... Love at first sight among the table? Quite possibly. We had to get our hands on one of them.

Let me tell you- when the "Colossal Brownie Sundae" arrived in it's frosty, oversized martini-looking glass...we were in awe. Now, like I said, I think Buca is pretty standard, not exceptional and certainly not fantastic Italian food, but my god...this dessert was PHENOMENAL. The whole table was in debate over whether it was chocolate gelato vs ice cream, it had the texture of gelato but we later were told it was ice cream. Either way- great texture, perfect amount of chocolate and vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup with delicious, melt-in-your-mouth brownie pieces, all covered in a fluffy, light whipped cream and colored sprinkles (topped with a cherry of course).

Our group of 6 high school/college students could not finish the entire thing, but we all left completely satisfied (myself a little too much, sometimes I forget my bounds when I taste a good dessert).

Verdict? A necessity for a group going to Buca. Make sure you have your large spoon skills at the ready for fighting your friends for a bite. Your taste buds and sweet tooth will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment